Garage Door Opener Repair
Garage Door Opener Repair Vs. Replacement
Very often when your garage door opener is not functioning properly it can be repaired. Diagnosing and repairing your existing motor may be a less expensive option than replacing the unit. We often recommend repair over replacement for this reason. We always maintain a full inventory of garage door opener parts on our trucks, so we can ordinarily complete the repair in a single visit.
Common Problems With Garage Door Openers
Here are some of the most common problems seen by our technicians:
- Flashing Lights
- Remote Not Working
- Sagging Chain/Belt
- Door Hums But Does Not Move
- Wall Button Not Working
There are also times when we recommend replacement:
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993, which made garage door openers safer. If yours was manufactured prior to that date it is unlikely your house would even pass an inspection with it, so we recommend to replace in this situation.
- Safety concerns with a brand- If a manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model.
- No safety eyes – if the safety eyes are not present, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance: therefore we will typically recommend replacement.
- If the brand no longer exists, parts for those openers will be unavailable and replacing is usually the only option
Garage door openers, like most other technologies today, are changing rapidly to include features that make your life easier and more secure. You can count on your Precision Door Technicican to expertly inform you about the newest garage door openers and accessories available!
Why Do Garage Door Openers Fail?
Precision always performs a Balance Test on your door as recommended by DASMA. The Balance Test is simple and you can do it yourself by watching the short video.
The reason for this test is to determine whether your door is out of balance or not. If the door is not balanced, as displayed in the video, it will exert an inordinate amount of stress on the opener and will cause your opener to fail over and over again. A common cause of an unbalanced garage door is having the wrong size spring(s) on the door. Precision’s professionally trained technician will always let you know if this is a potential problem and if it is, diagnose the fix as a part of your free 18-point inspection.
CALL US TODAY!
When you schedule a service appointment with Precision Garage Door, a professional, uniformed technician will arrive at your home in a fully stocked truck. This ensures that at every appointment the necessary tools will be available. We don’t waste your time misdiagnosing the issue, waiting for parts, or arranging additional service appointments.
Serving Asheville, Hendersonville, and the surrounding areas, we can fix broken springs, cables, openers, and more to get your door operating safely and correctly. For more information or to schedule a service visit, please contact us today.